Why 757 Angels?
- Is the first & only organized angel group in Hampton Roads
- Addresses the Capital Gap between Friends & Family and Venture Capital Rounds
- Provides efficient infrastructure and process to evaluate promising companies for presentation to 757 Angels Membership
- Invests where we live
- Collaborates with:
- Entrepreneurs – mentoring & feedback for selected companies
- 757 Angels Membership
- Other Angel Groups – syndication ability
- Venture Capital
- Entreprenurial Ecosystem
If you are a startup or early stage company located in Virginia, have a business plan that anticipates deriving the majority of revenues from sources outside Hampton Roads and are seeking to raise between $100,000 and $5,000,000 then we should talk. We have the ability to further syndicate deals. Apply For Funding !
757Angels Investment Criteria includes:
- Located in Virginia
- Derive or have a plan to derive the majority of revenues from sources outside Hampton Roads
- Demonstrate return commensurate with high risk associated with investment in startup and early stage companies.
- Resourceful Management Team
- Solution to a compelling business problem
- Large identified market opportunity
- Defensible business model/proprietary technology
- Sustainable competitive advantage
- Some level of market validation
- Credible exit potential
- Willingness to undergo and cooperate with a due diligence process necessary to be selected as a Presenting Company to 757 Angels.
- Submission of a Complete Application and payment of $100 Application Fee
All companies will need to meet initial investment criteria.
Our Screening Process
Screening is an important part of the 757 Angels funding experience. Applicants will undergo a multi-stage screening / due-diligence process with only a few companies selected to present to the 757 Angels Membership. We expect the process from application to presentation to members to take 60 days.
To learn more about our screening process, click on the section of the funnel to read more about each step of our process!